One super basic question we ask every supermom: “What’s your favorite mascara?” Having a reliable go-to mascara that doesn’t smudge, clump and lasts as long as the endless days of a supermom is must-have. So, without further ado, drumroll please…
1. Laura Geller WOW Factor All-in-One Mascara $24. “Laura Geller is one of my favorite human beings, let alone makeup artists, and her mascara is awesome. It separates your lashes beautifully and you can put on another coat later in the day and it looks amazing,” says Cheryl Kramer, Executive Beauty Director of both Star and Shape magazines.
2. Diorshow Mascara, $25. Not only do we spy this mascara in almost every makeup artist’s kit, but Diane Vavra, VP Press Relations for Dior Beauty, is a walking example of how amazing it is. We love the huge brush head that grips easy lash and creates a gorgeous dramatic effect.
3. CoverGirl Clump Crusher $9. Two supermoms have said they love this drugstore mascara. Genevieve Monsma, Beauty Director of More Magazine and Cheryl Kramer. “It’s the perfect in the cab mascara because it goes on really evenly so it never messes up. Every time I wear it, someone askes me if im wearing false lashes,” Cheryl says. Who wants to fuss with falsies when you have this mascara that you can apply even without a mirror and on the go?
4. Maybelline Volum’ Express, $7. Jacqui Stafford, personal stylist, host on QVC and author of The Wow Factor: Insider Style Secrets for Every Body and Every Budget, says she swears by this mascara, which volumizes and has a cool anti-clump brush to quicky thicken lashes. We love a mascra that not only gives us volume but also makes our lashes full.
5. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara, $9. This is another drugstore mascara approved by two supermoms: Kate Foster, VP of Marketing and E-Commerce for NYDJ, and Genevieve Monsma. “I’ve been using this mascara for 18 years and it’s the best volumizing mascara. I try a lot of mascaras, but always return to this one. Pull it out of the tube, wipe it on a tissue a little bit, then apply it and comb it through for a great lashes,” says Genevieve.
Do you have a favorite mascara? Tell us! Also, check out Amy Poehler’s Quick Mascara Tip For Flirty Lashes.